Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Friends Have Changed... Deal With It!

Friends, according to the Collin's dictionary I've just referred to, are people well known to us and regarded with affection and loyalty. The question is, would they still be called friends if they deviate from the definition that I've just stated?

Friends change over time, that is just inevitable. Back then when we were close, it seemed as if that bond was going to last a long time. But now things have changed. The laughs and cries we shared together seem like a distant memory. The hand that you would gladly reach for help in the past has now deemed to be useless in your pursuit towards the upper end of the ladder. And a simple gesture to acknowledge my "hello's" would now bring the same meaning as "a waste of time" in your dictionary.

But it's ok. Maybe I have changed as well. Nonetheless, I will try my best not to offend the few friends I have left. To friends of the past, I will hold on to the memories that we have together, so that when the day comes when you would need this hand again, those memories will give me a reason to gladly offer it to you... Take care.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

People do change...some in more ways than one. Thru many years of difficult moments, emotional metamorphosis was inevitable for me but alhamdulillah for the better...well in a few ways at least...perseverence, patience , tolerence, compassion to name a few..otherwise a nervous breakdown would have ensued many a times..an invisible shield surrounds me as protection from exhibiting my true emotions..however, it cracks under pressure stimes and regrettably my kids receive the brunt of it. Anyway, touched with yr words of wisdom and I think you have matured faster than expected, perhaps thru yr own experiences. Indeed life has its trials and tribulations, the incredient for survival is to think positive..even with the few comforting sincere friends it'll be fine..have faith! Wishing you all the best in life and a happy 2009!

Anonymous said...

...oops apologies for 'ingredient' was erroneously spelt...slip of the fingers no fault of the mind...

Irfan Shai said...

"I think you have matured faster than expected" <-- that surely says u're family...

"oops apologies for 'ingredient' was erroneously spelt" <-- only a woman would write this way...

that certain narrows down ur veil of anonymity doesn't it? am i hitting the right nail yet? =P

anyways, i value ur every word. in a way it has given me more reason to believe what i believe in. people may change, some even for the worse. but i will always try to c the good in them. not for theirs, but for my own sake.

happy 2009 to u as well, n may Allah bless u always!

Anonymous said...

Sure people change but how and why they do is what we are all suppose to figure out so that we can learn to understand and perhaps accept those changes. The true challenge in life has has always been managing change. But to realise that people change is a start.

Irfan Shai said...

thank u for the heads up, anonymous... i value each and every advice =).