Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Journey or The Destination?

Have you ever wished that you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth, to be showered with luxury from the very beginning of your existence in this world? Who am I kidding, everybody has that wish! Who wouldn't enjoy having a lavish life... Huge bungalows to retreat to, sports cars to swap around, excessive branded clothes to don... Life would just be pretty much sweeter wouldn't it?

If you were to ask me that question something like 7 years back, my answer would definitely have been a yes. I wouldn't have had a second thought if I were given an opportunity to opt for express luxury. But I guess I can see clearly now, that all the wealth in the world would mean nothing if it doesn't come from my own sweat and blood. Some people would curse the rich kids for having very fortunate lives, enjoying all the fun without having to lift a finger for it, but not I. My aunt has taught me never to envy the fortune of others, even if these people never actually earned it. I believe that the message she was trying to convey is that the journey is more valuable than the destination. To be able to look back one day and honestly say that I earn all that I have...

Ibu and Ayah, I hope you know that I am thankful for everything that you've blessed me with. We're no rich people, but what you've provided me with has been more than what I could ever ask for, considering all the less fortunate people I see around. The thing I hate the most is to burden you further. I don't wish to be like one of those rich kids who rely on their parents' money all their lives, to be living in false glory. I want to learn to narrate my own story after this. I hope I'll be able to get out of your hair soon, cause' I know that way you could both enjoy life better without having to worry about me.

1 comment:

paypeepoo.shambles said...

Sounds Gandhi's.. Pure! =)