Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Angel I Knew

She was always there, for as long as I can remember. The person who taught me the meaning of unconditional love and compassion. She would've done anything just to carve a smile on my face. I don't remember even once, of her ever denying any of my wishes. She would pamper me with anything that I ever wanted, and take me to any place that i ever desired.

She was my shelter, a place where I would always feel safe. Coming from a broken home at an age so young wasn't the fairy tale every kid dreamed of. I may not have understood much, but emotionally I was affected. But she was there, to comfort me, to distract me from my sorrows. She stood against others who would blame her for spoiling me, because deep inside she had always known that I needed her.

She was always the first person that I would look for, to share my joy whenever I did well in studies, and to share my excitement whenever I fell in love with something new. She was always the first person to be there, whenever I needed a shoulder to cry on, and whenever I needed someone to listen to my complains... She was always the first...

To my dearest grandma, I have always loved you, and I will always do. From the first time I laid my eyes upon you, until the time I won't be able to open them again. You brought me happiness, gave me the reason to be good. Eventhough you are not here anymore, the memories of you will always be with me.

Nenek, I've missed you...

~Al-Fatihah~

No comments: